Shanghai Stuff

We are living in a world that most of our dreams won’t come true…

When we were little, we were being told by our parents and teachers that if we try hard enough, one day our dreams will come true…

Now I think about this blindly made statement, it sort of makes me laugh, they said that to me without even knowing what my dream was… I used to want to be the female version of James Bond… I doubt my parents would encourage me to become a spy…

Then, years after years, failures after failures, disappointments after disappointments, we gradually learn how to compromise on the reality that most of our dreams will only stay as dreams…

We compromise on what career path we want to take…

We compromise on the choice of life styles, or maybe even the choice of spouses…

We compromise on so many things that eventually compromising itself has become the norm…

I still remember many of my dreams from my childhood, and even now I still dream every now and then… but I start to wonder, why we keep dreaming while knowing most likely they will go nowhere…

Views: 1030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's depressing to never hope for the best though. How about a compromise? I've heard this phrase before... Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best!

Always expecting the worst would be utterly melancholic...

All I said was to prepare for the worst, it doesn’t mean I’d hope for the hopeless…

I’d accept your cliché, although I may not necessarily hope for the best, but I will definitely hope for something hopeful… :)

hahaha^_^i m imagining how these girls look like

I'd recommend visiting Bangkok.  You'll be sure to find these 'dreamy' girls of yours ;)

Russ, if you read before you talk, you wouldn't make this comment...

CD has already answered this question before, her comment is only 2 lines above this...

Apparently it is just the norm for you to make arbitrary assumptions and arbitrary comments...

Exactly!

Because of its unachievability, we call it a DREAM.

Mint, I would say yes and no.

For me dream is achievable, but it should be very tough and nearly impossible, and sometimes it sounds kind of idiotic to people who doesn’t understand you, that’s why it is called dream, instead of being called as ambition, or goal, or target.

A very plain example:  to be a photographer is an ambition, to be a famous photographer in Shanghai is a very tough ambition, and to be a photographer who wins the Pulitzer Prize is a dream.  

And...i am kinda allergic to people who always tell me how their dreams come true.

We have very close point of view regarding this.  In my post, I did not say dreams are completely unachievable, what I said was MOST of them are unachievable.

Yes, I’m kind of allergic to that type of people as well… that’s why I impulsively initiated that “cat fight (according to John)”, just like you couldn’t help to pull the trigger against The Great 1… :D

The dream is this butterfly !

Yes, I agree.

i like this rabbit boy=_=

RSS

Member Search

Sponsor

Sponsor

© 2014   Created by Asia Stuff Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service